Choosing Your Workers’ Compensation Medical Provider
The doctor or other medical professional that you select to treat injuries you suffered at work can affect your workers’ compensation case. To make sure that you select the correct type of medical provider, you should have the assistance of an experienced New York workers’ compensation lawyer. At the Law Office of Morrin & Sands PLLC, we have relationships with an extensive network of medical providers. We can refer you to these professionals to make sure you can both recover from your injuries and strengthen your case. Schedule a free initial consultation by filling out our online form or by calling 516-307-8000 today.
What To Consider When Seeking Medical Care
It is important to choose the correct workers’ compensation medical provider based on the type of work injury you suffer. Some things to consider when selecting a medical provider include:
- The first time that you see any provider, such as at the emergency room, that visit will be paid for by workers’ comp if it is the result of a work-related injury and you inform the provider of this fact.
- After receiving emergency care, you should not start to see your family doctor for your injury. In most situations, doing so can affect the workers’ compensation process, because the majority of family doctors do not accept workers’ comp.
- Additionally, the workers’ comp system does not give much weight to the opinion of family doctors, so their opinions regarding whether you are able to work or what injuries you have suffered at work, are largely ignored.
- Instead, you need to see private specialists for injuries you suffered at work. These specialists include professionals such as orthopedists, neurologists, chiropractors, optometrists or any other specialist in a particular field.
- You can see more than one specialist if your injury requires. For example, if you fall at work and injure your neck, head and eye, you could see an orthopedist or chiropractor for your neck, a neurologist for your head and an ophthalmologist for your eye.
Speak with a Long Island attorney as soon as possible to discuss the selection of Workers’ Compensation medical providers that are best for you and your case.
We Work for You When You Can’t Work – Contact Us
When you are injured at work, put us to work for you. Get help selecting a New York workers’ compensation medical provider by calling 516-307-8000 and scheduling a free initial consultation! At the Law Office of Morrin & Sands PLLC in Westbury, our representation is offered on a contingency basis, meaning our fee is paid out of the recovery we obtain for you. Se habla español.